Who Is DJ Khaled?
DJ Khaled is best known for his work in the music industry but the record producer, radio personality and DJ has recently expanded his brand. The A-list media star has launched a new furniture line with the popular chain store El Dorado Furniture. He has appropriately chosen We The Best Home as the name for his home furnishing venture, which is a play on his successful record label, We The Best Music.
The prolific producer, however, still maintains his influence in music despite focusing on this new business. In fact, he just signed Flipp Dinero for his label.
On top of everything that keeps Khaled busy, he’s also a father to two-year-old Asahd with fiancée Nicole Tuck. His devotion for his family is the inspiration behind his upcoming album, “Father of Asahd.”
Where to Find DJ Khaled’s We The Best Home?
Khaled’s furniture line opened its first brick and mortar store on Miami on the first week of September 2018. The first collection is also available online via Goldition and on the El Dorado Furniture e-commerce store.
We The Best Home is divided into five collections: Baller, Icon, Lion, Major Key and No They. The designs appeal to people looking for brash and fancy home pieces because of its flashy colors, texture and elaborate details. It’s not for people who like minimalism and toned-down designs.
- Baller – gold-themed furniture
- Icon – timeless pieces
- Lion – lion-inspired furniture
- No They – upholstered pieces
- Major Key – “well-blessed” home essentials
The collection sticks out because We The Best Home has a striking logo that features the face of a lion dipped in gold. The image will perhaps remind fashion enthusiasts of the Versace logo from the 1990s.
What does DJ Khaled’s Home Store look like?
The physical store in Miami carries the same gold and red theme as furniture’s designs. On the walls are art pieces featuring the lion’s head and the keys, while large golden lion statues are scattered all over the floor area. Floral murals in golden and light yellow, red and crimson also adorn some sections of the wall.
3 Best Pieces from DJ Khaled’s Furniture Line
If you’re planning to purchase a piece from Khaled’s home collection, below are three of the most sellable items:
- Kingdom of Khaled Throne Chair ($2,500) – Speaking with Billboard, Khaled said that this furniture is his favorite piece. It’s described as the furniture that captures the music honcho’s heart and soul, as well as “his zest for extravagance and all things regal.”
- Calabasas Glam Crocodile Vanity ($1,999) – Khaled recommends this furniture for the queen of the house. Designed with textured red crocodile skin all over, this vanity kit offers versatility and plenty of space to store makeup, accessory and other beauty and grooming essentials for women. The table comes with a matching low back chair, which is also covered in textured red crocodile skin.
- Dreams Unlocked Bed ($1,199) – This bed with its satin gold finish has an interesting key shape and anyone who’s a fan of Khaled knows what this represents. In 2016, the DJ popularized the use of the key emoji whenever he would post updates on his Snapchat. Khaled would often impart wisdom, life tips, and “major keys to success” to his over two million followers on this platform.
Flipp Dinero Joins DJ Khaled’s We The Music
Meanwhile, Brooklyn rap artist Flipp Dinero is now part of the DJ Khaled’s We The Music family. Khaled managed to secure a contract with the rapper in conjunction with Epic Records and Cinematic Music Group.
This is the first major label deal for Dinero, whose single “Leave Me Alone” has been winning music lovers for months. The song’s music video has over six million views on YouTube, ahead of the release of Dinero’s album.
Khaled described the emerging music artist as “tomorrow’s brightest superstar” in the press release. Incidentally, Cinematic Music Group will also be collaborating with Dinero for a movie deal.
Who is Flipp Dinero?
Born and raised in New York, Dinero has Haitian roots. He trained as a singer by joining a local choir in his teens. But it was his love for rap that led him to gigs and collaborations with other artists.
Joey Bada$$, a more prominent Brooklyn rap artist, opened the doors for Dinero to land a deal with the Cinematic Music Group and Khaled’s label. “Leave Me Alone,” however, achieved viral popularity on the Internet because of NFL’s Odell Beckham Jr. The New York Giants wide receiver uploaded a video where he’s shown dancing to Dinero’s song.
Dinero is currently working on a mixtape album. He credits Tupac Shakur, Drizzy Drake, The Weeknd and Jadakiss as some of his influences.
DJ Khaled’s ‘Father of Ashad’ Release
Even as Khaled has his hands full, with his furniture store and his work on Dinero’s album, he announced last spring that he’s also doing “Father of Asahd.” The album will be Khaled’s 11th and will feature positive vibes about his lineage and childhood, as well as his reflections about being a dad.
The first single from the upcoming album, titled “Top Off,” features Beyonce and her husband Jay Z. DJ Khaled teased the single in March 2018. By the summer, he released the second single “No Brainer,” which features Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper and Quavo. The song was also made into an Apple commercial featuring Asahd.
There were speculations that “Father of Ashad” would be out last summer but Khaled has not announced the album’s specific release date, as of press time.
5 Ways DJ Khaled is a Great Dad
Since his birth last October 2016, Ashad has been living the life far different from any other child because of his extraordinary father. Here are 5 ways DJ Khaled is the World’s Best Father.
- There’s never a week that doesn’t have Khaled posting an update about his son on social media. He talks about Ashad so much, so he created an Instagram for his boy. To date, the baby’s profile has over two million followers.
- Khaled loves wearing matching ensembles with his son and because he can afford it, he showers Ashad with the most expensive wardrobe any toddler could have.
- Ashad is already earning millions of dollars as a baby, thanks to his father’s hard work and business acumen as a music honcho. Khaled revealed on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” that he made Ashad an Executive Producer of his 10th album “Grateful,” because he showed a knack for music. Khaled noticed that his son would bop his head or clap his hands while he worked on the songs for the album.
- Khaled went all out to celebrate Ashad’s first birthday with a “Lion King” theme party at Miami’s posh Live at Fontainebleau. Father and son wore matching outfits for this bash and as the guest of honor, Ashad sat on a throne while the guests partied.
- Khaled filed a trademark for his son’s name. There are plans to use “Ashad” as a brand for children’s product.
View our other celeb news by visiting Celebs Corner.